Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the commonly asked questions pertaining to banking with First Bank & Trust.
- What can I do through FB&T’s Online Banking - FirstBank Express?
- How do I start Online Banking?
- Does First Bank & Trust have Mobile Banking?
- How do I sign up for Mobile Banking?
- What if I start by installing the Mobile App?
- With "Real Time," when is the cut off for current day transactions?
- What are the cut off times for wire transfers?
- Are there restrictions on the Passwords?
- I forgot my password–what do I do?
- Can I add and/or remove accounts?
- Do we set up our own bill and/or employee?
- Is "Future Dating" of payments permitted?
- Can I have more than one account for bill payments?
- A merchant claims they did not receive my online payment. To whom do I talk?
- I am not getting a secure site indicator on my browser. Does that mean the site is not secure?
- What is check imaging?
- What if I need to prove I paid for something?
- How will this benefit me as a customer?
- What will the bank do with all of the original paper checks?
- Can I still write my checks the way I usually do?
First Evanston Bancorp, Inc.
- How does someone buy or sell First Evanston Bancorp, Inc. common stock?
- Who is First Evanston Bancorp, Inc.'s transfer agent and how can they be contacted?
- Are cash dividends paid?
- How can I contact Investor Relations at First Evanston Bancorp, Inc?
- How can I obtain a copy of your Annual Report?
- Which investment banking firms currently provide research reports on First Evanston Bancorp, Inc?
Online & Mobile Banking
FirstBank Express, a FREE service to our customers, enables authorized users to view their account balances and account activity, make transfers between their accounts (either on a one time or recurring basis), and setup bill payment. Customers are able to obtain statements electronically, view images of paid checks, and set a variety of banking alerts. Take a Demo of our Online Banking.
Just fill out an application, sign it and return it to any of our locations or scan it and send it directly to you banker as an email attachment. We caution customers to not list their account numbers, Social Security number or any other sensitive information when faxing or mailing their applications. Sending your information through a secure email attachment is the preferred method of delivery, besides hand delivering it in person at one of our branches. Please review our Online Banking Terms & Conditions. Once we received your application, we will set you up on the FirstBank Express system and in 7-14 days you’ll receive 2 letters - one with your User ID and one with your password. You can then follow all your financial transactions on line.
We are now excited to be offering mobile banking to our FirstBank Express users. If you use our Internet Banking system AND have a smart phone, you have the capability of banking on the go by using your phone. You may get information by text, through your phone’s browser or with our Android or iPhone mobile App.
All you need to do is log into your FirstBank Express Online Banking account and click on Manage Mobile Banking Settings in the column on the left side of the page. Just enter your phone number and carrier, read and agree to the disclosure, and you’ll be given an activation number. At that time, your phone will ask for that activation number. Once you enter it, you’ll be taken to a menu page and can go directly to iTunes Store or the Android Marketplace. The apps are Free.
If you install the app first, you’ll be requested to enter the activation code. You’ll have a choice of “I have one” or I need one”. If you’re at this page, you’ve probably seen that choice. Now, just log onto your FirstBank Express Online Banking account and click on Manage Mobile Banking Settings in the left column. You’ll need to enroll your phone, read and agree to the disclosure, and just follow the instructions. You’ll be given an activation code which should be entered on the phone. You’re now ready to start Mobile Banking.
Any transactions after 8:00 pm Central Standard Time are recorded on the next business day.
3:00 pm CST for International and 4:00 pm CST for domestic wire transfers.
They have to be at least six (and no more than ten) alpha-numeric characters.
Tech Support at 1-800-733-9970, will reset your password.
No. You will need to contact First Bank & Trust online or by phone at 1-847-733-7400.
Yes. But if you need help you can call First Bank & Trust Customer Support at 1-800-733-9970.
Yes, for up to 364 days.
For consumers: call 1-866-403-6158 for help. For Business Banking user: Bill payments are handled directly through our online processor. Help can be obtained through Customer Support at 1-800-733-9970, option 2.
The browser you are using usually is not the latest update and is not capable of securing the site. You need to update your browser (this can be done online).
First Bank & Trust scans the fronts and backs of your original checks into our computer system and permanently stores them. The scanned image becomes a permanent digital document, and can be reproduced at any time. It is a vast improvement over the traditional microfilm used to store your records at the bank, and even more secure. When monthly statements are prepared, our system will gather all of your new digitized checks for the month, organize them by check number, and neatly print them out on 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper for easy storage. These digital check print-outs will be included with your statement instead of your original paper checks.
No problem. Imaged checks are fully accepted by the IRS and in a court of law. We can even enlarge an imaged item for ease of signature and endorsement verification. In fact, due to quality and clarity, an imaged check is preferred over microfilm copies for proof of payment.
With Image Statements, you will receive an array of benefits:
- Easier statement reconciliation. Your checks will be provided in numerical order. Beneath each check, clearly printed, will be the date the item was posted, the check number, and the amount of the check. These features make balancing your checkbook faster and easier than ever before.
- A ready-made filing system for you. Think about the advantages of having your statements and cancelled checks all together in one place and readily available for fingertip reference. No more overstuffed drawers, bulky envelopes or overflowing shoeboxes.
- Income tax preparation is easier. Imagine the convenience of having all your checking account records for the year neatly organized in check number order. This will certainly be a helpful feature for you and/or your tax preparer.
- Enhanced bank research capabilities. When you need information or copies of the front or back of any check, it can be made available almost immediately.
- Online access to imaged checks. Instead of just listing your transactions, our internet service will allow you to view your documents online ... so with the click of the mouse you can print out the front or back of any check, verify amounts, and so much more!
After scanning your checks for permanent storage, we will keep them for up to 90 days before they are destroyed. All the information you need from your checking account will be permanently and safely stored and readily available when you need it.
Yes, however for the best quality digital image, please use blue or black ink, and avoid busy backgrounds on your checks.
First Evanston Bancorp, Inc.
First Evanston Bancorp, Inc. common stock is not presently traded on any exchange. Should you wish to purchase or sell stock please contact Howard I. Kain at 847-733-7400 who may be able to place you in contact with a potential buyer or seller.
The Company's transfer agent for its common stock is:
First Evanston Bancorp’s Common Stock Transfer Agent
First Evanston Bancorp, Inc.
c/o American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC
6201 15th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11219
Phone: 1-800-937-5449 or 1-718-921-8124
Please contact our transfer agent to:
- Check share balances
- Change the name, address or ownership information of common stock
- Consolidate accounts
- Report lost or stolen certificates
Not at present.
Howard I. Kain
First Evanston Bancorp, Inc
820 Church Street
Evanston, IL 60201
To receive our Annual Report contact (Link to Contact Page) us to place your request.
None at present