First Bank & Trust is pleased to announce that it is moving its branch located at 741 Main St. in Evanston to Chicago + Main, a new mixed-use, high-rise building being constructed at 835 Chicago Ave.
First Bank & Trust (FB&T) is pleased to announce the relocation of its Main Street branch to 520 Main Street on November 21st. The former 741 Main Street branch location will be closed Saturday, November 19th as Branch Manager Chrissandra White and staff move to the brand new office on the ground floor of The Main, a new mixed-use, high-rise building at 834 Chicago Ave. constructed to meet LEED-silver certification.
“This development has been over eight years in the making, said Chris White AVP and Branch Manager, “Our branch staff can’t wait to move into the beautiful new space.”
FB&T’s new Main Street branch, designed by Evanston architecture firm BEHLES+BEHLES, boasts a state-of-the-art open floor plan with a variety of seating areas, and no teller counters separating staff from customers. Instead, “universal bankers” who are trained to handle all banking requests, greet customers and address their unique needs. The open floor plan design will have a neighborhood “community first” store-front feel, and emphasizes the high level of service for which FB&T is known. The new branch also promotes renewable clean energy and supports FB&T’s commitment to having green and eco-friendly branches.
“We are very excited to rethink the way our branches are designed to increase efficiency and encourage more collaboration with our customers and our communities,” said FB&T Senior Vice President of Retail Banking Paul Kogol. “When people come into the bank they will feel a connection with their banker, who will act as their trusted advisor. We think our customers will also enjoy the contemporary, eco-friendly setting, including the live wall of plants, floor to ceiling windows and comfortable meeting areas.
Branch Design Facts
The 1,990-sq. ft. eco-friendly branch is one of the first in the region designed with an open floor plan, which provides a neighborhood banking experience designed to meet individual customer needs.
- No teller lines – customers will be greeted by a universal banker and guided to the proper department / bank officer
- Cash recycler staffed by the universal banker will perform most common retail functions (withdrawals, deposits, bank balances)
- North facing windows, with 16-ft. high exposed ceiling
- Variety of seating areas from upholstered lounge chairs and tables, to stools and counters, and private conference rooms create a neighborhood coffee shop feel
- Secure vestibule for 24-hour banking
- Covered parking behind the building for bank customers
- One of the largest interior green wall in the Midwest (12-ft. x 12-ft.) features a mix of indoor plants
- Internal, energy-efficient drop irrigation system
- Plant food and horticultural light pattern changes to accommodate time of day and season.
Green / Energy Saving
- Located in The Main, a mixed use nine-story building designed to meet LEED Silver Certification
- Polished, locally sourced concrete floors contain no chemicals
- 100% energy-efficient LED lighting, including the horticultural lights
- Natural walnut finishing is Forestry Stewardship Council Certified (FSCC)
- Green guard certified furnishings
- Paint and flooring are low volatile organic compound (VOC) certified
- Energy conserving toilets and fixtures
- Filtered tap water eliminates need for bottled water