Join us for Money Smart financial literacy events. April 21st - 28th
Money Smart Week helps consumers manage their personal finances better. Join First Bank & Trust for financial literacy events at our Evanston - Church Street location throughout the week. The full schedule of our events:
- April 21st - Women and Money: Twelve Months to Take Charge of Your Finances
- April 23rd - Your Wealth Management Questions Answered
- April 24th - Family Bean NIght
- April 25th - Credit: Understanding, Building and Using Your Credit
- April 26th - Financing Your Business
Money Smart Week began as a coordinated effort of the Money Smart Advisory Council, a diverse group of more than 40 Chicago-area organizations working together to promote personal financial literacy. The Chicago Fed convened the Council's first meeting in July 2001, during which members agreed to share resources and ideas to achieve greater public awareness of the programs and services available in the city of Chicago.
The result was Money Smart Week 2002 — six days of focused presentations by community groups, financial institutions, government agencies, educational organizations, and financial experts, all designed to help consumers learn to better manage their personal finances.